Why Build A Custom Home
Why Build On Your Lot
- Reasons to Build a Custom Home On Your Land
Today, people sometimes search out their own "field of dreams," long before they build their dream home upon it. Building on your own lot has many advantages. First, assuming that the land is buildable, you have the freedom to build the home you want, where you want, on the land you want. You can choose from a wide selection of floor plans and create a signature home that matches your wants, needs and desires. In a development, a builder may well not be able to accommodate customizing or even semi-customizing floor plans due to restrictions of the community or builder inflexibility, but Hubbard Homes is able to do so on an already owned lot.
When looking for a builder to consult or hire, there are four basic requirements the builder should fulfill:
• Choose a responsible builder who is financially secure. Look for a track record of success with satisfied customers and verifiable references.
• Choose a builder that will offer a variety of floor plans and can adapt the floor plan to the topography of your lot as well as your own needs, desires, and tastes. Hubbard Homes offers customizable floor plans, or we will build from your own custom plans.
• Choose a builder that has enough buying power to ensure you receive the best prices for high quality goods. Such savings are passed on to the consumer, including purchase prices on lumber, windows and doors, appliances, light fixtures, and flooring.
• Choose a builder that will service your new home. Make sure the builder has a great warranty program, and a track record of responsive warranty builder resolutions. Every Hubbard home that we build comes with a builder warranty.
Living where you want, on the plot of land that you may have dreamt of for years, has become an important part of the American dream. In a culture that values individuality and self-expression, more people are opting to buy their land first, and then build a semi-custom or custom home.
By hiring Hubbard Homes, homebuyers can save money as well as the aggravation of hiring their own architect and general contractor. We will do all the work; the plans, permits, coordination, construction, and closing.
By carefully coordinating plans, options, home site and location, you can design a one-of-a-kind home that will likely appraise for considerably more than its actual cost.